Workshop Docker + Kubernetes by Evgeny Zislis and Miki Hayut- Is divided into two practical meetups about 2, 5 hours each
17/07 - Docker hands-on workshop by Evgeny Zislis
25/07 - Kubernetes hands-on workshop by Miki Hayut
Increase knowledge and improve efficiency in using Docker and Kubernetes.Pure Docker in the first part. Kubernetes in the second part - 25/07.
Talking about Kubernetes requires some familiarity with Docker features - the first part should lay the foundation, and the second part (25/07) can assume that that knowledge has been already presented.
You will learn:
- How to use Docker networks. What different plugins exist for Networks and how these work. Why are these network plugins useful.
- How to create an architecture using containers that has a load balancer - this load balancer will need some kind of discovery and management. Use nginx as the example load balancer, and TBD about discovery framework (possibly consul).**How to use Docker volumes. What different plugins exist for Volumes and how they work, etc.
- How to use Docker restart policies, how to write them, what are they used for, etc.
- How to use Dockerfile LABEL clause and what useful labels exist. How to use labels to our advantage.
- How to use Dockerfile ONBUILD to create images that are more easy to build on as the base.
- How to create multi-stage Dockerfiles and what considerations should be taken with regards to caching, etc.